Monday, May 11, 2009

Will we ever change..???!!


This has been running in my mind for so long and I didn’t know who to share these with. So I thought I will put it in my blog.. just to vent out my anger!!

Last week me and my husband had gone to ooty to celebrate our first year wedding anniversary. We returned on Sunday and reached Bangalore City junction around 9.30 PM. The train was late :(. As usual, we wanted to take an auto back home as we were already damn tired so we went the pre-paid auto queue. When we were walking towards the queue, there were around 20-30 autowalas trying to negotiate with us to take their auto. And you know what, they tell “Its pre-paid auto only sir… you pay the same amount as what you pay by taking an auto from the pre-paid counter.. etc”. But when you ask him for the rate, it will be double the money what we usually pay through pre-paid auto or by proper meter!! We clearly told those autowalas that we will take only the prepaid auto. To be more precise, the pre-paid auto rate for our house is Rs.99 and the external autowalas were asking for Rs.200!! The saddest part of the entire stuff is, there are no autos available in the pre-paid auto stand. All the autowals are outside, trying to get a “savari” for their own benefit. It was a typical demand vs. supply scenario in the pre-paid auto stand!! Why is this happening..?? Why cant people be “fair” in things? The main reason I can think of why this is happening is because of “US”! Yes, we the people are not bothered to queue up in the pre-paid auto stand, we are lazy, we want to reach our destination ASAP and we are just not bothered about how much we are paying these autowalas!! It is not the money but the moral that is disturbing me!! Since we are entertaining them by not using the government’s resource, we are fooling ourselves and we are also allowing people to fool us!!

Another incident on the same day!! Same pre-paid auto queue.!! I was standing in the queue to get the ticket and my husband was taking care of the luggage.!! I was almost near the counter when suddenly a woman broke the queue and joined in between! She barged in the queue, 2 positions before me..!! And best part is, the man who was actually standing there was “not bothered”!! I was pissed off!! I told the woman that the queue starts at the far end and she answers back telling “I have some luggage here and I cannot leave it!!” Brilliant..!! “Lady, people come with luggage in the Railway station”. At that moment I felt I should have given her one big blow!! But I didn’t coz nobody else were actually bothered..!! When are we going to learn some discipline in life? Why should there be a queue system then? Why aren’t people bothered when someone breaks the queue? Again I think it is our mistake!!

There are lots of such small small things which we choose to ignore. I am not sure if we do it deliberately or we are just not bothered about things!! Ooty is known as “Queen of hills” but you know what rules ooty, “Plastics”!! There is a board in every tourist spot in ooty which says “Plastic free zone”.. “please do not throw plastics”.. but are we bothered..?? Atlease people who are learned, who can read and write bothered? Nopes.. we just think “It is not our problem”!! One very good thing I have learned from my husband is; he will never throw plastics on the road in any part of the country. He is very very cautious on that. I was never cautious earlier but I learned it from him. Now it is a habit, it is a practice. We should make it a practice..!!

We see people spitting on the roads, throwing toxics on the streets, polluting the city we live, throwing garbages on the roads, but still we choose to ignore coz we feel we have other better things to do. We are visibly seeing nature reacting to all that we do. The percentage of natural calamities has increased incredibly off late..!! But still we are not reacting..!! :(

I think it’s high time we sit back and think. These small changes can bring big transformations in our habitat. There is just no point in accusing the politicians and debating with them. They are anyways not going to do anything for the country. But we, as citizens of India can make a big change..!!

Think about it..!! Wake up..!! Its better late than never..!!

1 comment:

  1. romba feel agi, manasula irukaradha, appadia omlet potuta poolla..hmmm..nyways na konjam en pangukuku arambikaran...i feel my writing usually vary in tense,with mistakes - both typo & grammatical,not much of a standard writing style,continues like unstoppable etc:-)...this is coz, i jus pour them out 'em straight from my CPU:-) & i feel blogging doesn't need much professional ethics:-) ..nyways..am sure my Point Of View (P.O.V) atleast, can def. be understood..

    here i go again...:-)...Sivananinu Irundavana Usupathivittitiadi !! Siruthia Sorandi Pathha Ippadithan:-)..

    as it is well known & i believe, individual discipline can ALONE, atleast bring a SEA change in any system..& wen it comes to DISCIPLINE, there is no age,place,culture etc..jus to brief, since we started this this blog, the meaning of DISCIPLINE is worth to read/realize..

    ......but the problem of being DISCIPLINE varies with individuals,understanding,perspective etc (used when there are many such similar words to represent & funny side is to show i know many such of them:-)).. ATTITUDE/CHARACTER plays a vital part to this.. It's an INTANGIBLE,DEBATABLE,DEMANDING CHANGE IN, which is why strongdemocracy like ours greatly fall weakto this way of life - DISCIPLINE - & am/we, knowingly/unknowingly, are def. a part of this Negative Impact System, ( Coz of POOR DISCIPLINE) which we realize as when its Consequences are reversed as per NEWTONin MUNDRAM VIDHI , for sure. Know what?..The reciprocation is merciless,irreversible many a times,devastating also etc(:-))..To quote few are HIV spread,Tsunami,Extinct Animals,Birds ,what not more (Its better i use the word etc again here:-( )

    ReplyDelete